Sunday 14 April 2013


Second Post originally created on February 5 2013
The Plan(at this stage!!!)
The plan is…..not to have a plan well, not one with deadlines on being at certain destinations by certain dates at any rate.  It is going to be as broad and as flexible as possible and will evolve as I go.  There will be things I want to do eg.  cycle to the top of Mt Kosciusko, visit the Flinders Ranges and Lake Eyre but they will happen when they happen.  As I am not sure how I will go travelling solo I think it best to just let it happen as it happens.

I will be heading off after spending the longweekend in March with some really close friends at our favourite spot on the east coast of Tassie ie. Rheban Cabin
I am thinking I will then head up to Freycinet to do some walking and perhaps bike riding.  I have lived in the state all my life and have not really spent any time in this area.

From there I may wander up through the highlands and down to the west coast and do the Gordon River cruise.  I have only been to the west coast about 3 times and never done the cruise.  I was going to do the Apt Train but it would seem it will close in April.
I will wend my way up to the north west coast where I will call into the guys who made the annex for the trailer and have some minor adjustments done and some midgee screens made for the Delica as I understand these are a must for the northern part of the big island.

Then I will wait for a spot on the Spirit and head across to Melbourne and after getting there well,…..who knows??
 
Getting Ready to Go
Finished up my casual work on January 23 and will miss the money and the congenial company but will definitely not miss the peak hour traffic of an afternoon.
I am now in the process of finishing off some bits on the trailer and Deli eg bike rack, solar panel etc.
Also packing up “the shed”(my home) and having a big garage sale on the weekend of Feb 23 and 24 so if you are down Sandford way about then you could pick up a bargain or two.
Now, where are those packing boxes………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment